Graphic Design Instructor
Currently seeking local instructors who can teach graphic design principles to youth. Students will focus on Adobe InDesign as the primary computer application. Additional design training will focus around composition. Strong portfolio required. Ideal candidate will have a professional and friendly demeanor with a demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of individuals. Christian background required. Previous experience working with youth highly preferred.
Duties include but not limited to:
· Teach industry standard software techniques as it applies to graphic design.
· Teach graphic design fundamentals as it relates to Typography, principles and layout.
· Engage in hands-on learning environment with active participation in the classroom.
· The ability to work equitably with students and colleagues of various cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
· Demonstrating real world applications of graphic design in demos to inspire students in the field.
Minimum of an A.A. degree and one year of teaching experience. Prefer bachelor or Masters degree in graphic design or related field and three or more years of experience.
Must have experience working with youth.
Salary: $100.00/class or $1000/10 week summer session, PAID AT THE END OF EACH MONTH and AT END OF THE SUMMER SESSION
San Francisco, CA – San Francisco Christian Center
5845 Mission Street
· June to August (Dates TBD)
Thursday evenings from 6PM to 8:30PM